1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NFLNET Ensures *ALL* 2007 Pre-Season Games Are Broadcast

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Gary Toma, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Toma

Gary Toma UNIX DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2006
    Preseason Games
    August and Early September 2007

"...during the NFL's four-week preseason, NFL Network televises over 50 games -- all but those televised nationally by the NFL's four network partners (CBS, ESPN, FOX and NBC). NFL Network also produces a number of preseason games that air live nationally. NFL Network uses the television feeds of local broadcasters and makes use of both sets of announcers. The games are a mix of live and tape-delayed, but all air in their entirety. In addition, NFL Network offers many games in high definition each preseason."

Above information excerpted from http://www.nfl.com/nflnet

2. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Yep they did that too last season. Glad to see its going to continue.

3. kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    I hope we'll more NFL Network in HD more to see more games in HD. 1st NFL preseason game Aug 5, and new satellites won't be live till early Sept. The preseason schedule ishttp://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/national_preseason

That's a lot of replay time to see the rest of week's action that might be in SD if D* can't make NFL Network HD for that month. There ought to be room on spotbeams to cover the major markets if the satelites aren't in position.

4. Koz

Koz Icon

Sep 16, 2006
    NFL Network was on channel 95 a lot last year. Almost 24/7, though they'll have to fight with Baseball through September.

5. FLWingNut

FLWingNut Godfather

Nov 19, 2005
    People watch pre-season football? Yuck.

Now on opening day...

6. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    Even scarier are the people that BET on pre-season games.

7. bluemoon737

bluemoon737 Godfather

Feb 20, 2007
    Portsmouth, NH
    I would watch NFL scrimmages if they televised them! Training camps can't open soon enough!

8. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I watch all the Ravens preseason games and I also watch a lot of other preseason games. I am really looking foward to this years preseason game because I want to see what Troy Smith can do since he will be sitting behind McNair for a year or two.

9. packfan909

packfan909 Icon

Oct 6, 2006
    NFLN has shown the Green Bay Packer scrimmage for the past two years now. Packers put on an intra-squad scrimmage in Lambeau a week before their first preseason game. The stadium is usually packed as they only have charged $5.00 to get in. For some, it is the only way to see football in Lambeau.

We paid a pretty penny to get tickets to see them play the Raiders in December. I am ready for the season to start.

pf

10. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Agreed I cannot wait until the new Raider season. I have a feeling this will be a HUGE year for the Nation.

11. ajwillys

ajwillys Godfather

Jun 14, 2006
    I've watched alot of the "Inside Minicamp" episodes on NFL Network. They were great. Now, if they would just decide if it's gonna be Brady Quinn or Charlie Frye..... :D

12. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006
    It doesn't matter who the QB is. The Browns will still be 4-12 this year.:D

13. L2BENGTREK

L2BENGTREK Godfather

May 31, 2006
    Amen!!rolling

I guess I can't talk. Our training camp is contingent on all of our players getting out on a 3 day pass!

14. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006
    By the start of training camp you may not have enough players to field a team since they will all be in jail.:D

15. L2BENGTREK

L2BENGTREK Godfather

May 31, 2006
    Yeah...our latest is our backup running back Quincy "My Dad screwed up our Super Bowl" Wilson. The one that really slays me is Chris Henry. Two words:
    MAURICE CLARETT! (sp?). He's about one or two more incidents away from that! He's a good player...just stay out of trouble! oh wait...that also goes for Odell, Frostee, Deltha, who have I forgot?

:nono2:

16. ajwillys

ajwillys Godfather

Jun 14, 2006
    I think stealing your star running back....

and your star guard will at least guarantee victories weeks 2, 4, 11, and 16. I guess that would make us 4-12 :sure: But I'm pretty sure we also got a fair shot at Oakland in week 3.

Mark my words though, This is our year!! :nono2:

17. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006
    Star RB. Maybe in 2003. He is washed up. I am so glad he is gone.

18. Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    I totally agree :) As big as a football fan as I am I have no use for pre-season games :zzz:

19. Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    :eek2:

20. bills976

bills976 Godfather/Supporter

Jun 30, 2002
    I'd still like to see these games included in Sunday Ticket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.