1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFLST L-Shaped Scoreboard

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by superunlikely, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superunlikely

superunlikely AllStar

Oct 20, 2006
    This past year I had NFLST. While tuned to an ST channel, my HR-20 could display the scores from the other active games by slightly shrinking the screen to the corner and using the resulting L-shaped free space for score, clock and field position indicators. I thought it was a great feature. I pretty much had it running all afternoon every Sunday.

From the PDF on this thread http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=91191 it would appear that they are replacing the L-shaped scoreboard with one that overlays the screen. If so, I am really disappointed.

Did any of you other NFLST subscribers use this feature last year? What do you think of the new one?

2. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Never used the old one. Dont like giving up screen real estate. The new one will be available on all games on demand like the EI scoreboard. They put scores up during the games anyway.

I use NFL.com to watch for scoring plays on my laptop next to my recliner.

3. d max82

d max82 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    Never used the old one, not available with games in HD. The new way will work over the HD broadcast (I believe, it does for EI) so I'll use the new one probably

4. superunlikely

superunlikely AllStar

Oct 20, 2006
    Actually it did work with the HD games. At least it did on the Hr-20. Are you sure you're not thinking of the "stats" feature?

5. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Ummm, I use the L scoreboard on HD channels last year with no problem. What I didn't like about it was that it would disappear when changing to another game. I'd prefer a "sticky" scoreboard as an option. But sounds like they did away with it completely anyway.

6. d max82

d max82 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    Oops your right... I was thinking of a few years back when they had seperate channels for the "normal feed" and the wrapped feature. I seem to remember not liking the scores last years cause it would distort the picture pretty bad. I got my HR-20 a week into football season and it was quite buggy for a while, maybe I just didn't give it enough of a chance?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.