1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NHL Center Ice Package on Dish Network

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jonnones, Mar 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. jonnones

jonnones New Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Looking for answers to a couple of questions:

1. Does Disk Network show selected games in the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup Playoffs in their Center Ice Package? I got one representative to confirm this, and another to deny it. According to their last contract renewal press release with NHL in 2007, they do (search Dish press releases for NHL). Also, this is posted on the NHL.com website (search NHL and Dish Network).

2. I had a rep say that they broadcast all games in HD if they're available, but there site says only a select few. Which is correct?

If anyone with this package on Dish can answer, I'd be very grateful.

Jon

2. lokar

lokar Icon

Oct 7, 2006
    I don't have Dish, but all NHL playoff games this year will be shown nationally for the first time on channels like NBCSN and others in the NBC Universal family so no playoff games will be on NHLCI for anybody.

3. jonnones

jonnones New Member

Mar 17, 2012
    But where did you hear this? Do you have a link to a schedule?

I ask because I have to decide whether to buy the remaining regular season games for $80 so I'm sure I won't miss any of my team's playoff games.

4. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    i wouldnt by now only 3 weeks left in season your better bet would to sign up for NHL game center live and check the 19.95 option.

they are promos of the NHL playoffs on NBC SP when games are on.

NBC NBC SP CNBC NHL NET are doing playoff games.

5. jonnones

jonnones New Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Never mind, I just saw an article on SportsBusinessDaily. From the article: "All playoff games, including first-round games, will be seen on either NBC, NBC Sports Network, CNBC or the NHL Network." Thanks guys!

6. eriksat1

eriksat1 Cool Member

Apr 12, 2012
    I bought NHL Center Ice this season, and now that playoffs are here I am afraid I will miss some of the games because NBC Sports net is only allowing 2-1/2 hours for the first game, so any long game or OT game will cut into the 2nd game which is the one I want to watch. This really sucks. The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago with Versus, the early game goes into OT and you are screwed out of 1/2 the 2nd game. I paid for Center Ice now that playoffs are here I can't watch my full game.

7. cariera

cariera Icon

Oct 27, 2006
    Most of the possible overlap looks like it will be limited to NBC Sports Network (formerly Versus). I don't know how Dish will do it, but on DirecTv there is an alternate channel for the later game to handle a potential conflict.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/46907840?

8. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Pens/Flyers went OT on NBC Sports last night, 2nd game started at 10:30. There was plenty of time before 2nd game started, I believe it would have gotten moved to CNBC if needed until 1st game ended.

9. eriksat1

eriksat1 Cool Member

Apr 12, 2012
    I wanted to watch the Blackhawks Coyote game and had to sit through the whole Bruins-Caps game including OT then also watch the Bruins-Caps post game wrap up while missing over 15 mins of the 1st period before they switched over to the Blackhawks game. NBC sports can kiss my @ss.

10. cariera

cariera Icon

Oct 27, 2006
    Again, there are alternate feeds available, as NBC Sports is just using the RSN of one of the teams. Perhaps Dish can see about picking up or opening up those feeds, so you don't miss any games

11. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Did you try looking for the game on one of the other networks? It's possible that the beginning of the game could have been on CNBC.

Don't go by the EPG, last minute changes will not be reflected in the EPG. You have to tune to the other networks to see if it's on.

12. cariera

cariera Icon

Oct 27, 2006
    It also looks like the NBC family of sports channels is trying to help out, as the Kings/Canucks games was slated for a 7pm PST start last night but didn't get underway until about 7:25pm, after the Pens game was over.

So they may be delaying the start of the late game so that no one misses any coverage. I guess scheduling the games 3 to 3 1/2 hours apart when they are to be on the same channel is too tough.