1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHL Center Ice Package?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Peter305, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
    Does anyone know if DirecTV will carry the NHL Center Ice Package for the 2007-2008 season? There is a space for it on the DirecTV site, but it says the package isn't available at this time. I also wonder if they carry it what it will cost this season.

Thanks

2. loudo

loudo Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    If I remember correctly, last year it was activated about a month before the start of the season. So I would expect to see the info on it show up next month, on their web site.

3. Proc

Proc Godfather

Jan 19, 2006
    It shows up on My Programming list when I log onto the website, and the first sign of it is on this month's billing statement (although it says, $0.00)

That reminds me, I need to call and cancel it. The NHL has gotten so bad in recent years, that I just don't watch it like I used to.

4. Bijou Media

Bijou Media Mentor

Jul 28, 2007
    DirecTV does that! It pisses me of because I wanted to put the info on my website some potential customers could see.

I am a center ice subscriber, and they begin billing me for that in September. I haven't recieved a notice that they are discontinuing it. They'd better not, or I'm switching to Dish!!!!!

5. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
    I just checked the Dish Network site and they say the same thing as DirecTV. It looks as if it is just a little too early to have the pricing up.

I did read somewhere that the contracts for Center Ice between the NHL and the various providers had expired at the end of last season and would need to be renegotiated.

I am certainly hoping that NHL CI will be on DirecTV otherwise I will be switching to Dish as well.

6. Bijou Media

Bijou Media Mentor

Jul 28, 2007
    If you call them, and tell them you are interested in the package, they'll give you a price.

7. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    I'm sure it'll be on D* this season, and hopefully they'll add the NHL Network to the package, but I kinda doubt it? Plus, I know last time I bought the package I think it was between $130 and $150 dollars for the early bird special.

8. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
  9. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Cool Member

May 24, 2007
    Too early the season starts on Sept 29. That is just one month away and that is the regular season opener in London.

10. fkubick

fkubick Mentor

Jul 22, 2005
    I called D* yesterday and was told NHL Center Ice would be available this year at the earlybird cost of $149. FWIW, I also asked about increased HD NHL coverage and was told that there would be additional selective games carried in the 90's channel range and that VS would also carry more HD this year. Finally, I asked that since more RSN's would be carried in HD with the new satellite launch, would that mean I could receive NHL games in HD if the RSN carried it and I subscribed to Center Ice and was told no.

11. editormike23

editormike23 Cool Member

Aug 23, 2006
    How soon before DirecTV offers a modified NHL Center Ice package that will include a multi-game screen, a special red zone channel and the HD NHL Broadcasts....

12. jabd

jabd AllStar

Aug 7, 2006
    The Pittsburgh Penguins announced that they will broadcast 36 games in HD on FSN Pittsburgh (or whatever it is going to be called). FSNP is not on the list of RSN's to be offered in HD this fall. FSNP released a statement that their HD signal would not be carried on D* until Mid-2008 (waiting for D11?).

My questions are -
    Would I be able to get these games in HD through the Center Ice package?

Also, would they be blacked out in Pittsburgh if the game was being shown by FSNP? They said that they are going to show 70 games this year.

13. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
    Thanks for checking with D* on this.

It would also be interesting to know their take on the proposed NHL Network and if they plan to offer a choice of feed for the games as Dish does. I know this is a bandwidth issue but it would be really nice if they did allow for this.

14. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    I think the CSR might have been misinformed about that. I believe with the HD RSNs if there is an HD feed of an NHL game and you have CI that you WILL receive it. The only way that wouldn't be possible is if D* as suggested above went to a Superfan package for the NHL as well. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

15. loudo

loudo Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    From past years, going by blackout rules, you will get it, as long as it is not a team in your coverage area; and if it is your local team you will get get the HD broadcast if it is being broadcast by your local RSN. If it is available from your local RSN in SD only, and the other team has the HD broadcast you will be blacked out from the HD broadcast and have to live with your local SD telecast.
    The one exception I have seen in the past, if it is your local team playing and the game is not covered by your local RSN you might get the HD & SD telecast from the other teams RSN. I have gotten games last year from other RSNs, for the Panther and the Lightning, that Sun Sports or FSN Florida didn't broadcast.

16. RandybinSC

RandybinSC AllStar

Aug 5, 2007
    You can now buy the Centre Ice package for 4 payments of $37 bucks online and through the website.

17. azshaw

azshaw Cool Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Received a mailing on it a few days ago... It's back

Go Pens!!!

18. stogie5150

stogie5150 Godfather

Feb 21, 2006
    Did you put your little sticker on your remote? I did, guess which one? :lol:

19. purtman

purtman Hall Of Fame

Sep 19, 2006
  20. lucky13

lucky13 New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Maryland,...
    Can anyone tell me what the auto-renew price for CI is this year?
    I've had it for several years, but because I had a new receiver mirrored after the last season ended, the subscription doesn't auto renew. I can get the correct price by calling a CSR, but I want to make sure I'm quoted the correct cost.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.