1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHL Center Ice Question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by white2270, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white2270

white2270 New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    I have had a hard time receiving a straight answer from Dish whether or not they will put the first two rounds of the NHL playoffs on Center Ice Channels. Does anyone know what the plan is? Thanks.

2. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    I think for all games not on OLN. I think OLN got a deal from the NHL where games on that are not on NHL-CI

3. Rkw1111

Rkw1111 Cool Member

Mar 14, 2006
    any games that are locally produced (MSG, FSN, etc) will be on CI for the first two rounds.

I believe that OLN games in the first two rounds are non-exclusive, and will be on CI as long as one of the two teams involved are broadcasting on a local RSN. But that is coming from DishNetwork, so take it with a grain of salt

Of course, any game on NBC will not be seen on CI.

Starting with the 3rd round, and until game 3 of the Finals, when NBC takes over, Dish Network subs are sca-rooed. OLN has exclusive rights to the Conference championships and games 1-2 of the Finals.

4. DanB474

DanB474 AllStar

May 28, 2004

Sounds like we're in luck according to the other posts on the board. OLN is back on Dish in time for the playoffs!!!

5. colavsfaninnwia

colavsfaninnwia Godfather

Jan 25, 2006
    Not true, Sat. April 22 has 2 games on NBC, the one not on your local NBC station will be available on NHL CI.

6. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    I did not see a blackout indicated on either NBC game for today.

7. alebowgm

alebowgm Hall Of Fame

Jun 12, 2004
    But I actually believe the games on OLN are exclusive...

8. colavsfaninnwia

colavsfaninnwia Godfather

Jan 25, 2006
    Any playoff game on OLN (even if it is broadcasted locally on a different station), is excluded from NHL CI.

The Avs/Stars game is Blacked out on my dish (Local NBC station showing the game :joy: )

9. jldhawk

jldhawk Legend

Apr 9, 2006
    Yes, my Local TV station here (KTIV) is showing the Avs vs Stars game, BUT it is not in HD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.