1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NHL Center Ice recording tips please

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Willy1, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Willy1

Willy1 Cool Member

Jul 9, 2007
    I have NHL Center Ice. I am trying to get Hopper to automatically record Pittsburgh HD feed for every game. I have set timers for both title and subject, filtering for hockey. I used key words but the games are not recording automatically. There is no conflict, the timers are top priority, I have padded the front by 1 minute and the back by 60 minutes. What am I missing?

Is there an easy way to record all games automatically by a certain team? It should be easy, but it doesn't work. Unless I go into the guide every few days to record manually, I will miss games. That seems wrong. Funny enough, but the Coming UP: Penguins vs. ... does record. But of course this is just a place holder in the guide and nothing is actually recorded. I tried to chat online with DISH but the reps are clueless. They said games are blacked out unless sold out 72 hours before kickoff. Wrong sport, expert.

Please, any advice? Thanks

2. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
  3. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    I don't know if Center Ice works like RSNs, but Dish doesn't turn on the HD feed for RSNS until the starting hour/half-hour and if you set a timer to record and it fires 2 seconds before the HD feed is lit up you miss the feed entirely, your timer has to fire after the HD feed is up and Dish receivers cant be set to fire 1 or 2 minutes LATE because NOONE ever missed the first 120 seconds of anything.