1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHL Center Ice Updates

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Peter305, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
    I see that the NHL is trying to do a better job communicating with people about what is and isn't on the NHL Center Ice Package. See the following page.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NHLPage&id=867

One thing that is striking is how many more HD games are available in Canada.

2. keep amonte

keep amonte Legend

Oct 1, 2002
    Well I will certainly email them my problems with my lack of guide data. The other problem I have if the inconsistency of home vs. away announcers. there used to be a rhyme and reason for who is doing the games based on weekday or weekend games, now it doesn't seem to matter. Lastly, I have noticed more RSN feeds not being supported while the games are covered on center ice channels. For example many of the away Blackhawk games will be on center ice channels but blacked out on Chicago Comcast. I live in Tulsa so I shouldn't be blacked out except for possibly Dallas.

3. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Center Ice provides the games you paid for. Center Ice does not provide the RSNs in the 600s. It is just the way the DIRECTV system works. If you subscribe to Center Ice and a particular RSN feed is being used in a Center Ice game you are to get, that RSN will be available to you in the 600s Only because of the way the DIRECTV system works.

The DiSH Network version of Center Ice does provide both Home and Away feeds for many games, but you only get your local RSN(s) in the 400s.

I am curious about what Guide data you are missing?

4. keep amonte

keep amonte Legend

Oct 1, 2002
    My guide data is inconsistent. Sometimes 30 minutes prior to game time, most Center Ice (CI) channels report "Title Unavailable". I can sometimes scroll up and down and they will sporadically show up and disappear. Most days show game line ups only 1 hour prior to game time. This maybe is an HR20 or D* issue, but I did not have this issue prior to my HR20 installation in November 2006. I realize there has been a ton of software releases for the HR20 and that guide data takes a couple days to reset.

Well, most RSN feeds that are also shown on CI are on my local 600 feeds. I do not have the sports package either. For example, the Blackhawks blackout their home games, but if Chicago plays at Detroit, and the CI feed is Detroit's announcers (REDWINGS SUCK), I can usually turn to 640 (Comcast Chicago) and pick up Chicago's crew (God I miss Pat Foley). If Pittsburgh plays Buffalo on say CI channel 765, I can usually turn to channel 6something and catch the Pittsburgh or Buffalo feed on RSN. It just seems that this year is very inconsistent. Just my observations!

5. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Not having the Sports Package may explain some missing guide information in the 600s.

I have a problem with the Hughes E86 not showing in the guide what is on Channel 95, even when the content is live. :(

6. keep amonte

keep amonte Legend

Oct 1, 2002
    Now that you say that, the guide data is always there on the 600 channels but not on the 700 CI channels!
    I sent my email to Center Ice, let's see if I get a reply. I will probably not renew CI until the HD feeds increase.

7. Microphone

Microphone AllStar

Jan 30, 2007

What happened to him?

8. keep amonte

keep amonte Legend

Oct 1, 2002
    Sorry, that statement I made sounded very grave. The Blackhawks didn't offer him a contract renewal from what I have read and they parted ways. He now does the play by play for the Chicago Wolves.

9. SFS97

SFS97 Legend

Sep 12, 2006
    No sh!t?? Pat Foley is one of the best of them all, imho..
    He should be able to get a better gig than that, unless he doesnt want to leave town....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.