1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHL Center Ice

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by slapshot1959, Mar 18, 2006.

1. slapshot1959

slapshot1959 Legend

Jan 24, 2006
    I have the NHL Center Ice package on D*TV here in the Chicago area and have noticed the last couple of games featuring our once proud Blackhawks at home have NOT been blacked out.
    What gives? Or am I just lucky,(or unlucky:rolleyes:)

2. cboylan3

cboylan3 Godfather

Jan 26, 2004
    I've noticed that too in atlanta. I have E* and dont have the local regional sports channel and usually the thrashers games are blacked out on Center Ice. But lately they have not.

3. saltrek

saltrek Godfather

Oct 22, 2005
    I don't know about your specific circumstances, but sometimes the blackout will be lifted if the game is not being televised by your local station. This will vary by team & RSN. Here in Fla, I have been able to watch the "other" teams broadcast of Lightning games not televised by Sun Sports, however Panther games not televised by FSN have remained blacked out.

4. slapshot1959

slapshot1959 Legend

Jan 24, 2006
    I live in the Chicago area.It's NEVER lifted,you know,Bill Wirtz and all?
    I just checked this afternoons game here against Phoenix and again it's on,no blackout. This is HIGHLY unusual!