1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHL Channel

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dminches, Mar 18, 2012.

1. dminches

dminches Godfather

Oct 1, 2006
    What is the least expensive package that includes the NHL channel? The information on Directv's website is not reliable.

2. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    They changed the minimum package just recently. You now have to go with Choice Ultimate to get NHL Network. A couple months ago, it was Choice Xtra. Also, if you subscribe to NHL Center Ice, you get NHLN during the season with any package.

3. dminches

dminches Godfather

Oct 1, 2006
    Since I have the old Total Choice, that would be $120 per year. At that rate I might as well just get Center Ice next year.

Also, is there any place on DTV's web site which says what else you get with each package, including DVR service, whole home, etc. or do these services result in extra charges in every package?

4. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    thats a good idea, but remember you will not see flyers games on NHL CI

5. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    How recently did this change? I'm on Choice Xtra Classic and still getting NHL net.

6. dminches

dminches Godfather

Oct 1, 2006
    Do you also have NHL Center Ice?

7. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    It changed on Feb 9th. I'm on the same package and since we had it before the change, we are grandfathered on a few channels:

NHL Network
    Boomerang
    CBS Sports Channel
    Chiller
    Sprout
    Style
    Tennis Channel

There is a whole thread on this and here is a [link]. The new Choice Xtra does not include NHL network.

8. Cyber36

Cyber36 Legend

Mar 20, 2008
    Byron NY
    Funny - I'm the same as you & get EVERYTHING EXCEPT the NHL. I don't subscribe to CI anymore.....

9. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Thats strange, because they said the only channel you would lose is Cloo. I have NHL CI, so I'm hoping NHLN doesn't go away, once the NHL CI package ends.

10. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    Wow... I was not aware of that. I watch a number of those channels. (NHL, CBS Sports, Tennis Channel) -- will I stay grandfathered into this package indefinitely?

11. elbodude

elbodude Legend

Jul 13, 2006
    I was grandfathered in today until I added HBO to my Classic package. Because Classic is no longer offered as a package, I had to change to Choice Extra so I lost NHL.