1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHL Network on CI Schedule?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by koko, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koko

koko AllStar

Aug 17, 2007
    Anyone notice that on the CI schedule on directv.com that for tonights game (Pens vs. Devils), the HD channel is listed as NHL?

Is D* sending us a hint that the NHL Network is about to be launched?

See it here: CI Schedule (Go to Wednesday, October 17)

2. dhhaines

dhhaines Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    They must have updated it as it now says 765-1

3. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006

I was assuming that when the NHL Network launches it will be a channel in the 200's like the NFL network or in the 600's where many of the other sports channels are.

4. koko

koko AllStar

Aug 17, 2007
    Bummer...I was getting all geeked for it.

5. dhhaines

dhhaines Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005

Peter since you seem to be in the same area as me.. Do you think that the Fyers games will ever be seen by us on the NHL network since ComCrap controls all that is sports in the Philadelphia area?

6. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
    Living in the Philadelphia area means you will NEVER see the Flyers on DirecTV unless they are on Versus, NBC or UPN 57 that has a handfull of games.

7. JMartinko

JMartinko Legend

Dec 16, 2006
    Since I lived in Philly for 15 years (starting back in the old Prism days), I understand the issues involved in that area, but I still do not understand why they won't allow the game telecasts to be on outside of the Philly area. It would only seem like additional revenue for them since I couldn't subscribe via Comcast even if I wanted to.

8. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    Just curious, who owns the Flyers? Reason I ask is, since the Dolans (who own Cablevision and the Ranger$) have, so far, kept FSNY HD and MSG HD off DirecTV, I have thought about complaining to the NHL about this. I mean, just because you own a cable system, you shouldn't have the right to keep 3 franchises unavailable in HD to millions of paying customers. I'm not calling for government intervention or anything like that. NHL teams are franchises, and the league calls some of the shots regarding franchise behavior, just like Burger King does. So, I think it's high time for the league to force these renegade owners into negotiating for HD feeds to all carriers.

9. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
    The Flyers are owned by Comcast. Need we say more?! :)

10. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    Comcast has some sort of ownership. I am not sure if they purchased the team from the Sniders or if they along with the Sniders own the team

EDIT: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh a minute too late!

11. rabi

rabi Banned User

Feb 10, 2006
    It will be on channel 215

12. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006
    Where has this been announced?

13. ezimmerz

ezimmerz Cool Member

Sep 28, 2007

At zap2it.com, 215 is listed as the NHLHD channel. It showed up several days ago, fueling speculation that D* would soon turn it on.......but here we are, still waiting.

14. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    ...and still waiting...

15. bosco10021

bosco10021 Icon

Apr 16, 2006
    very disappointed and still waiting........tried of hockey fans getting screwed over by Directv.

16. dhhaines

dhhaines Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    I'm not really sure why Directv can't get their act together sometimes. They have a great service most of the time, but others times they just seem to give people the run around for no apparent reason. That's the worst thing... they can't seem to let anyone know what is happening, not even their own CSR's. They'll give you 5 different answers if you call them 5 times. :nono2:

17. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    CSR Roullette at its finest.

Try calling and asking about NHL Network HD... some CSRs will say D* still has no plans to carry it, a few will say "Good News.. we will have it soon", and at least will tell you "D* already carries NHL Network HD".

18. sportshermit

sportshermit Legend

Aug 22, 2007
    looks like Dish has added the NHL Network in HD

19. psunate77

psunate77 Godfather

Aug 18, 2007
    Me and my buddy both called and both times we were told they found out today they have no plans to carry NHL Network at this time. Take it from what's it worth.

20. bosco10021

bosco10021 Icon

Apr 16, 2006
    Your first mistake was believing a Directv CSR.

You should have asked their names and number so that you can call them back after the NHL Network shows up and ask them why did you lie to me ??

For a large corporation Directv sure does a really poor job of informing their customer reps on what the heck is going on.

By not doing this it makes the company look terrible. Hell of a way to run a business.

Hang on The NHL Network is on the way soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.