1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NHL Race For The Cup package

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by adunkle, Apr 8, 2014.

1. adunkle

adunkle AllStar

Aug 19, 2006
    Hello Fellow Members,
    I get the NHL Center Ice package every year on Dish. This year, the package ended early and Dish wanted me to pay another $49.98 for the Race for the Cup package. I can't find information about the Center Ice ending early. They were kind enough to let me have it so I'm not complaining. I would just like to know for next year.

Thank you for your input.

Aaron Dunkle

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Not sure what you mean by it ended early. I have DirecTV, but the NHL CI, as defined the the NHL, is a regular season package. I had CI (on DirecTV though), from 1998 until this season. Are you sure the $49.98 package they're offering isn't the 1/2 season price they typically offer each season after the All-star/Olympic break?

3. adunkle

adunkle AllStar

Aug 19, 2006
    TRH,
    I was thinking the same thing you were. Dish insists that Race for the Cup is separate. They wanted me to pay for the final week.

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    In the 14 years I had CI, it never ended a week before the regular season. Have you tried to contact the DIRT on this site? I'd call Dish tomorrow and elevate it up to the highest level you can. Good luck. I recorded the Pens/Wing game tonight and hope to watch it tomorrow while traveling.

5. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Wait are you saying they want you to pay extra for the last week or two of center ice? That's ridiculous.

6. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    That is exactly what he is saying.

7. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Sounds strange. NHL Center Ice ends when the last game of the regular season ends, not a few weeks before.