1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHL Winter Classic rescheduled to 8PM Saturday

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by trh, Dec 31, 2010.

1. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Due to weather forecasts (rain), the Saturday 1PM ET start has been moved to 8PM ET.

NHL Press Release

Can't wait to hear what the PA Governor says about this.

2. PokerJoker

PokerJoker Godfather

Apr 12, 2008
    Las Vegas
    And hey, it rained like he!! anyway. So much for that idea.

3. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Anyone watch it in 3D on the 3D channel? I haven't finished watching the game (recorded) but I do have to say it was not near as well developed or done as the hockey night in Canada did there 3D hockey game. I don't know what it was but the effect wasn't really 3D or atleast compared to the HNIC production.

4. TANK

TANK Icon DBSTalk Club

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
    Amazing ratings for the NHL.

I wondered how good the ratings would be considering a strong Pens TV market was hosting the game- how many viewers would at the game ( with the game at the stadium with 60,000 plus instead of the usual arena's 16,000 ) instead of home watching ?

Also with the game up against 3 of the 4 teams in the NY and Buf tv markets ,would those hockey fans watch the Classic or their own teams ?

http://www.sportsmediawatch.net/2011/01/winter-classic-helps-nbc-to-saturday.html

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    NBC originally proposed the Winter Classic to the NHL because they didn't have a college bowl game at 1PM.

I wonder if these ratings are good enough that they might change the Winter Classic permanently to a night game, which will then allow the game to be hosted further west.