1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nike pulls Carolina Panthers shirt, used wrong Carolina

Discussion in 'The OT' started by dpeters11, Jul 18, 2013.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    To be reasonably accurate here...

Way back when the Carolina Panthers was established... they knew their stadium in Charlotte, NC wasn't going to be ready... so they played their first year in Clemson University's stadium, in South Carolina.

Also... the whole reason they were "Carolina" and not "North Carolina" or "Charlotte" Panthers was to fully engage both NC and SC fanbase... from go, the idea was to try and capture both states as their regional fanbase...

So... the problem here isn't a shirt with the outline of SC... heck, I think the Panthers should actually sell NC and SC shirts for the Panthers to capitalize on that large fanbase...

The problem is whomever thought SC was NC and put the outline of SC with the letters "NC" on the shirt.

Another example of how people not correcting others leads to expensive cleanup/problems later... these kinds of mistakes really should never happen... so the fact that they do, is more than embarrassing.

3. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    I would not mind wearing one. If I was corrected I can point out I could not be wrong. Just look at my tea shirt.:)

4. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I wonder who got fired. :D

Mike

5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I wonder who got fired. :D

Mike

The intern at the NTSB who confirmed the abbreviation. :lol: