1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nine tuners (temporarily)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by FlyingDiver, Dec 8, 2012.

1. FlyingDiver

FlyingDiver All Star/Supporter

Dec 3, 2002
    On the road...
    I've got two HR-21s currently (4 tuners). I'm getting an HR-34 installed today, so I'll be up to 9 tuners. One of the HR-21s will only be in service long enough to watch the rest of the recordings on it, and I'll cancel all the recordings in the schedule as soon as I get them programmed into the HR-34.

What's the best way to make sure I don't have any problems with the SWM-8 and the HR-34? Can I just go into setup on one or both of the HR-21s and set them to single tuner?

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Run satellite setup on the HR21 you are going to be getting rid of, and change it to one tuner mode.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Yes you can, but I think the order would be set taking all the tuners into account as they are now since you're not getting rid of one immediately.

4. FlyingDiver

FlyingDiver All Star/Supporter

Dec 3, 2002
    On the road...
    I don't recall anything about that with the CSR, and they're certainly not going to install an SWM-16. This installation is in our RV, and there's no way they're running any new/additional cables. :)