1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Nintendo 3DS

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by Chris Blount, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    I just got a look at a demo of the Nintendo 3DS at Best Buy today. Kind of cool actually. The 3D effect works well. It looks like you are looking through a window. It can be hard on the eyes so there is a depth adjustment which makes it easier if you want to turn the 3D down. You need to have your eyes close to the screen as well.

Nice little gadget for $249. Tempting for sure.

2. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    What game or games did they have demoing? And how were the graphics?

3. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    I didn't catch the name but it's a game where you fly an airplane. Graphics remind me of the first Playstation. Not crude, just semi-retro.

I looks like the screen works like one of those still 3D pictures. When you change viewing angle, it changes how your eyes see the two stereo images.

4. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Thanks
    So, about 15 year old graphics technology? And you can't plug it into your brain stem, Oh well maybe in a few years :)

5. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    Well, I was in Best Buy today and broke down and bought one. Been playing it all afternoon. Actually it's kind of cool. Game play is easier because the sense of depth gives you a much better idea of where you are in the three dimensional space.

The 3D cameras on the back are also fun. I've been able to take some really intersting 3D pictures.

I can see how this would give you a headache if you played it for long periods of time. Just nice the 3D can be turned off.

6. inkahauts1367066121

inkahauts1367066121 New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    So where ate the posts of 3d pics? :lol:

7. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Chris has gone 3D, don't shoot your eye out :lol: :lol:

8. fluffybear1367066121

fluffybear1367066121 New Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Looked at the 3DS product a couple of days back and was impressed with what I saw but what I did not like was quite a few of the features are still being developed. Right now, A few things that you can not do is browse the web, purchase anything from the Nintendo Store, or play currently owned DSWare games. All of these features (& many others not mentioned) are scheduled for a future software upgrade. As it stands now, unless you plan on buying a couple of games or playing cartridges you already own, you are pretty much limited to the 2 games whcih were loaded on the unit..