1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Nintendo TVii and DirecTv receivers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by StephenJC, Sep 30, 2012.

1. StephenJC

StephenJC Legend

Feb 26, 2012
    Anyone know how the Nintendo TVii that is part of the new wii U system will work with DirecTv's receivers, if at all?

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Unless it can stream mpeg2 and be seen as a viable source to the D* receivers it wont work at all.

3. dualsub2006

dualsub2006 Icon

Aug 28, 2007
    I don't think you understand what Wii TVii even is.

I'm not sure how well TVii will work with D* service. The demo did show the Gamepad changing channels, but i.TV only works with Tivo DVRs in their mobile apps.

We'll have to wait until I (or someone else) gets their hands on the Wii U to see how or even if it will interact with a D* receiver.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Oh I see what he meant, he probably wants another useless remote.