1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Nintendo unveils new platform

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by Cholly, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule!

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Nintendo has chosen E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) as the place to announce new games and their new platform -- the Wii U. Go over to http://e3.nintendo.com/ where you can find out all the information about what promises to be a revolutionary system. Just click on the E3 Presentation button and you'll get the full 70 minutes. The Wii U doesn't come along until the latter part of the presentation, so you'll have to endure a lot before you learn all the neat stuff. :grin:

2. Lucavex

Lucavex AllStar

Apr 26, 2011
    I'm not sure how far back I need to be going, but there was a reason that controllers have had the tendency to bring ergonomics into their designs as various consoles evolved.

The Wii U controller, while it's innovative and I'm sure incredibly unique, reminds of the old Atari Jaguar controllers from back in the day. Just this big monstrous thing that was awkward to hold and even more awkward to use. I think the idea of intigrating a touchscreen on your controller is neat, but the practical use of such a device for the hours (or more) that one is expected to play on their console, might be a limiting factor.

The technology looks amazing but the ergonomics I could see being a problem.

3. ncxcstud

ncxcstud Icon

Apr 22, 2007
    If the touch screen was capacitive touch and not resistive it would be better. But, for some reason Nintendo insists on that darn stylus and only a single input device....

4. drpjr

drpjr Icon

Nov 23, 2007
    Sakatomatoes...
    I wonder if the upcoming Zelda will be a dual platform game like the last one?