1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Nintendo's Revolution Revealed

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by mwgiii, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwgiii

mwgiii Gaming Guru and Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
  2. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Oh my God, they HAVE lost it. That is the worst concept for a controller ever. It looks like a TV remote control, an ergonomic nightmare for gamers used to using two hands.

Stick a fork in Nintendo, they are done.

3. buzzdalf

buzzdalf Godfather

Jan 27, 2003
    I agree. That thing SUCKS.

4. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Put a crank wheel on the side and it's good for a couple Foxworthy fans who want their fishing simulators to work better... that's it.

Look for them to do a 180 within 6 months of launch and go back to a normal two handed controller. Either that or watch third party manufacturers do it for them.

5. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Wait, they had an ace up their sleeve. The wand/light saber hilt doohookey docks with a standard gamepad (Granted, one that looks as big as my beloved "Duke" original XBox controller...)

Attached Files:

6. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Isn't that pretty much the overall shape/style of the GC controller?

And I for one prefer the original XBox controller over the smaller S-controller or PS2 controller. I got big, fat hands and fingers and enjoy the space. I only wish MS would have ditched the black and white buttons in favor of an extra pair or trigger buttons, but then it was probably too much like the PS2's controller.

7. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    The only problem is that most Nintendo users have small hands (as most of their games are geared towards the 10 and under crowd).

It isn't as bad as it could be, (the wand could be useful in those Lucasarts light saber battles), but it still looks like a complicated misfire to me.....

My son has the GameCube and the controller is too small for my taste and feels like a cheap plastic toy. I have 4 Duke controllers for my XBox (I replace them when they break with used ones from EB Games), and I WILL miss them when they go away (although the extra trigger buttons replacing the white and black buttons will be welcome.... have to teach myself to play Halo(2) with a new layout though).

8. Ken Howe

Ken Howe Legend

Aug 9, 2005
    ewww... nintendo remote is bad... i think they would do well to understand that the largest crowd of gamers are old enough to buy it for themselves... *shrug* Bye nintendo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.