1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

No analog audio from HR20

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mgroups, Jun 10, 2010.

1. mgroups

mgroups AllStar

Apr 27, 2007
    The analog audio outputs (RCA jacks) on my HR20-100 are dead as of today. Digital audio still works but I prefer analog to my TV when I am not using my surround receiver. Has anyone else had/resolved this issue?

2. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Have you tried a simple (RBR) red button reset of the receiver to see if that corrects the issue?

3. hasan

hasan New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    One should not employ a RBR unless the HR is so frozen that you cannot do a Menu Reset/Restart. RBR's are little different than pulling the plug on a running receiver and could subject the hard drive to damage. A menu reset, on the other hand, is a controlled shut-down, and should be employed whenever possible (if a reset is needed).

4. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Never had this issue sorry. I do the same thing as you but instead of analog audio to the tv I run optical to my AVR and HDMI direct to the tv. Works fine.