1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No A's vs Yankees HD for Bay Area Viewers

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by styxfix, Apr 21, 2009.

1. styxfix

styxfix AllStar

Aug 7, 2002
    Yet again, the A's game verses the Yankees is not in HD for E* viewers who can get Comcast California on channel 409/5409. When will we get our RSN in HD 24/7?

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    You could be a bit more specific in your title. I get plenty of HD.

3. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    FWIW whenever I tune to CSW I get nothing. Why are we paying for it?

4. mgs24

mgs24 AllStar

Dec 7, 2002
    Only 75 of the 140 something games they are going to air will be in HD

Mostly the home games.

5. commodore_dude

commodore_dude AllStar

Aug 25, 2008
    Have you confirmed that the game was broadcast in HD? The Braves game last night wasn't HD, and I was about to come post a complaint until I went to the SportSouth website and realized that for whatever reason, while Monday and tonight's games from Washington are in HD, last night's was not.

6. DodgerKing

DodgerKing Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2008
    Never, since Dish does not carry any RSNs in HD 24/7. Their HD RSNs are game only and they cannot always turn on every HD feed all of the time.

7. styxfix

styxfix AllStar

Aug 7, 2002
    Looks here the HD schedule of the A's here http://bayarea.comcastsportsnet.com/pages/schedule_athletics_hd and as you can see

Tuesday 4/21 @ New York Yankees 4:00 PM HDTV

was suppose to be in HD and it was if you had Comcast, but it wasn't in HD on E*.

And looks like this will be another games not in HD for E* on CSNBA (419/5419)

Monday 4/27 vs Los Angeles Dodgers 7:00 PM HDTV

since it's not in my guide.

8. bmaigatter

bmaigatter New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    I estimate that 25% of innings of A's games that should have been in HD have not been in HD. This percentage includes innings of games that have been JIP'd (joined in progress). Often, the game isn't shown in HD until the 2nd inning or so. We got a Cardinals game on the same channel the other day until they switched to the A's game, so I suspect the JIP is due to bandwidth competition with other baseball games.

Worst, Sunday's A's game wasn't on Dish at all since Dish has not agreed on a contract with Comcast: "On Sunday, DirecTV and several other cable and satellite providers officially came to terms with Comcast SportsNet California to continue carrying A's telecasts, but EchoStar's DISH network has not reached an agreement." sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/05/11/SPBA17I43N.DTL