1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No audio NBC-6 MIA HD tonight

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mikefeuer, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikefeuer

mikefeuer Legend

Dec 12, 2006
    I had no audio just on the NBC 6-HD off the dish tonight. OTA was fine, and SD 6 on the dish had audio. I just couldn't be bothered calling about it tonight. Was it just me ? I seem to recall this happening once before. Thanks

Edited 2-21-07 11:38AM EST
    I guess no one else had a problem in South Florida. Conan's recording was without audio, so the I was aware of the problem for more than four hours. This morning it's fine.

2. dervari

dervari Icon

Dec 1, 2005
    I had the same problem with WAGA-DT FOX 5 out of Atlanta. About 2 minutes into American Idol, the audio went to 2.0 and was like I hit the mute button. Changing channels didn't help. Switched to 5.1 OTA and it worked fine all night.

3. mikefeuer

mikefeuer Legend

Dec 12, 2006

Thanks. I have DD set, and run it through the Bose which changes automatically and displays the sound mode. It did not however occur to me to try turning the DD off in the HR20. Next time.

4. gooch986

gooch986 Cool Member

Aug 8, 2006
    I had the same problem. OTA and SD was fine, Satellite HD was out. I also have DD set. Noticed it on last night's Leno.

5. mikefeuer

mikefeuer Legend

Dec 12, 2006
    Ah thanks gooch. I tend to foolishly assume things are my fault not the system.
    I just wish something like a "We're aware of the problem and working on it" would be superimposed on the screen, but... are they aware ? :nono:

6. gooch986

gooch986 Cool Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Probably not. Once in a while, I also get a signal downgrade in the middle of a show on WTVJ, where it's broadcasting in 16:9 mode, and all of a sudden, it switches to 4:3 and the blue NBC HD pillars appear on each side of the screen.:confused: :confused: :confused:

7. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    I get the same thing with Channel 6 - and its usually worse that the other locals.

Now if Channel 10 would only broadcast a 4:3 when a show is SD and not stretch everything to 16:9, I'd be happy!

8. ctauber

ctauber Mentor

Jul 26, 2004
    I just went to watch L&O Criminal Intent that was recorded Tuesday night on the same channel and there was no audio for the entire episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.