1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No audio on HR22

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by MRM, Apr 3, 2012.

1. MRM

MRM AllStar

Sep 10, 2008
    I developed a problem last night I can't fix. My HR22 suddenly has no audio. It started with one channel, then it got to the point where all channels have no audio. At times, I could get audio through one channel. But as soon as I changed it to another one to see if it had audio and then changed it back, the audio went away again. We have some heavy rain last night. So I'm wondering if it's an issue with the dish, my HDMI cable, or the receiver. There was still no audio this morning.

2. Vin

Vin Legend

Mar 29, 2004
    Try switching to a non DD channel and back again (try channel 100, it worked for me just the other day).

3. MRM

MRM AllStar

Sep 10, 2008
    That works only changing from 100 to another channel. As soon as I go to another channel after that, no sound. I went into the settings and turned off DD and got the same thing (on, then off again). I switched HDMI cables and that didn't fix it either. Problem with the receiver?

4. msimanyi

msimanyi New Member

Jun 17, 2007
    That happened to me too, a bit over a week ago. I unplugged the DVR and let it sit for a minute, then plugged it back in.

Since it restarted I haven't had any problems.

Mike

5. MRM

MRM AllStar

Sep 10, 2008
    Thanks Mike. Unplugging it and letting it reset did the trick.

6. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Might have been a problem with Static Electricity Buildup and unplugging it for a while will let the Electricity Buildup dissipate.