1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No audio on the signal meter after the new software upgrade

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jugheadlsu, Sep 6, 2009.

1. jugheadlsu

jugheadlsu New Member

Sep 3, 2009
    I have a H21-100 set up in my tailgating trailer. I turned the box on today and recieved a new software update. Now my signal meter has no audio. Is this something everyone is seeing with the new update.

I hope there is a way to correct this. This could make setting up the dish at the camp grounds very difficult.

THanks

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Yep, that feature went away with the latest update. Now it's just like the HD DVRs, which never had the audio signal meter.

3. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    I think they fixed that on my HR20-700. Hang on for an update.

Nope your correct they still don't work. I thought they had fixed that a while back

4. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    Yea, I know this is an OLD OLD thread but considering they removed the audio tone almost 2 years ago you would think they would remove the "AUDIO FEEDBACK" menu entry under SIGNAL METERS by now. It's only one line of text on the screen. It's a little annoying to THINK it was there and then when you go to use it find out it really isn't. :rolleyes::nono2:

Edit: Or maybe put it back again. Can't imagine why it was removed in the first place.

5. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    I heard it was removed to prevent installers from cranking the volume on a new subscriber's tv and using the sound to align the dish without a real signal meter. I guess it was damaging some speakers so DIRECTV turned it off.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

6. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    It might be difficult to perform an audio dither :)

7. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    Then they should remove the non-functioning feature from the menu. That was my only point.