1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No cleveland Browns pre-season game for Cleveland locals this weekend

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by briang5000, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. briang5000

briang5000 DBSTalk Club Member

Aug 10, 2004
    I just realized I won't be able to watch my Cleveland Browns pre-season game this weekend.

The NBC station has the contract for the pre-season games, but two of the games are being moved to the PAX station, because NBC has the Olympics.

Why doesn't Dish carry the local Pax station in Cleveland?

2. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Welcome to DBSTalk Briang :hi:

The short version is Dish and PAX have an agreement in place, that instead of uplinking all the local PAX affiliates in the country, Dish will just include the national feed in AT120 and above. There are a few local PAX stations up, but the majority are not. Pretty much PAX is a 12 hour infomercial network and aside from maybe a local earlier late newscast and some sports all PAXs are pretty much the same. Here in Buffalo, Dish doesn't carry our PAX either. Besides the 10PM news and simulcasts of the NY Yankee games from WCBS, my local PAX and the national feed are 100% mirrors from what I can tell.

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    You don't state your location, Brian, but are you close enough to receive the Cleveland PAX OTA?

4. briang5000

briang5000 DBSTalk Club Member

Aug 10, 2004
    I actually live in Lakewood, Oh. It's located just west of Cleveland on the lake.

Unfortunately, my rabbit ears don't pick up the PAX OTA signal. It's very weak. I'll have to catch the game at a bar or a friend's house.

I agree 99.99% of the time; the National Feed would suit me just fine.
    This would probably be the only time all year that I would watch PAX.
    Although they do have another Browns game in a couple of weeks.
    Oh well, it's only pre-season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.