1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Daytona 500 In HD Tomorrow!!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by tenn_, Feb 25, 2012.

1. tenn_

tenn_ Mentor

Sep 19, 2010
    I can't find any Daytona 500 in my DirecTv HD guide for 1 PM on 2/26/2012. How can this be??? Am I missing something? I live on the east coast.

Thank you.

2. Rob

Rob Icon

Apr 22, 2002
    If your local Fox is in HD than it would be on your Fox Station. If you get Fox East or Fox West, try 398 or 399.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    It's on your local Fox station and in HD (if DirecTV provides your local in HD) even if it's not listed HD.

4. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    Since we don't know your city/DMA, we can't tell you what channel, so do what the previous poster said. Check channels 2-69.

5. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    My NASCAR Daytona 500 starts at 12:00 Noon on Fox Channel 5 here in Atlanta.

Are you looking at NASCAR RACING, "Sprint Cup:Daytona 500" at 12:00 Noon on your Local Fox Station?

6. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    Mine isn't flagged as HD on the guide (nothing on either of my Fox stations EVER is flagged, but most programming on both channels is shown in HD), so maybe the OP is only searching HD?

7. Rob

Rob Icon

Apr 22, 2002
    I am taking a guess you are in Tennessee.

Tennessee Fox channels in HD on Directv.

TN: Chattanooga (Tennessee Direct TV)

61 WDSI Programs on FOX include: Terra Nova, Raising Hope, The Cleveland Show, American Idol, Lie to Me, Bowl Championship Series, Bones, NAACP Image Awards, and Hell's Kitchen. Local/HD

TN: Jackson (Tennessee Direct TV)

62 FOX-NY Programs on FOX include: Terra Nova, Raising Hope, The Cleveland Show, American Idol, Lie to Me, Bowl Championship Series, Bones, NAACP Image Awards, and Hell's Kitchen. Local/HD Only

TN: Knoxville (Tennessee Direct TV)

43 WTNZ Programs on FOX include: Terra Nova, Raising Hope, The Cleveland Show, American Idol, Lie to Me, Bowl Championship Series, Bones, NAACP Image Awards, and Hell's Kitchen. Local/HD

TN: Memphis (Tennessee Direct TV)

13 WHBQ Programs on FOX include: Terra Nova, Raising Hope, The Cleveland Show, American Idol, Lie to Me, Bowl Championship Series, Bones, NAACP Image Awards, and Hell's Kitchen. Local/HD

TN: Nashville (Tennessee Direct TV)

17 WZTV Programs on FOX include: Terra Nova, Raising Hope, The Cleveland Show, American Idol, Lie to Me, Bowl Championship Series, Bones, NAACP Image Awards, and Hell's Kitchen. Local/HD

TN: VA: Tri Cities (Tennessee Direct TV)

39 WEMT Programs on FOX include: Terra Nova, Raising Hope, The Cleveland Show, American Idol, Lie to Me, Bowl Championship Series, Bones, NAACP Image Awards, and Hell's Kitchen. Local/HD

8. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
    Yes, you are missing something.

9. tenn_

tenn_ Mentor

Sep 19, 2010
    I get 43 WTNZ in Tenn. but it's not showing HD for the race tomorrow, hopefully it will be HD.

Thanks guys!!

10. Rob

Rob Icon

Apr 22, 2002
    If any programming you watch on 43 is in HD, the race will also be HD.

11. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    You are Correct Fox is Not putting the HD Tag in their Guide Data!!!

12. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Maybe because it starts at noon and not 1? :D

13. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Channel 43 WTNZ's Web Site say it is in HD.

14. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    This is so odd. When our CBS Stations show ACC Network games, there is no HD tag on those either even though they are HD. But when they move the CBS games to their subchannels, the HD tag goes with them, even though the game is the FARTHEST thing from HD... like today...

2 WFMY Virginia Tech @ Duke
    2-2 WFMYDT2 Missouri @ Kansas (HD) :nono2:
    5 WRAL Virginia Tech @ Duke
    5-2 WRALDT2 Missouri @ Kansas (HD) :nono2:

NO!!!! oh well...

15. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    There is No "LIVE" Tag in the WGC Accenture Match Play Championship and there used to be one so my Series Links with Boolean Operators No Longer Works because of the missing tag.

I have spoken to a friend who is a Directv Employee and he has mentioned it to the appropriate people who are dealing with Zap2It, Inc. which is a company that provides the Guide Data to Directv and is Owned by Tribune Service, Inc.

16. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    It is going to be a long day for the race I feel after looking at the weather satellite and all that rain in the Gulf that is headed towards Daytona.

17. njblackberry

njblackberry Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    Given that it is raining and the track is soaked, I wouldn't be surprised if it was postponed until tomorrow. Which would stink.

Opening ceremonies are just starting.

Been to the Daytona 500 and Coca Cola 600 (pronounced CoCola 600) and it has rained several times.

18. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006
    It has been postponed until tommorow.

19. tenn_

tenn_ Mentor

Sep 19, 2010
    Does anyone know if the Daytona race starting noon on Feb 27th will be televised via DirecTv, if so on which channel(s)?

Thank you.

20. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Fox is still carrying the race.