1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

No Genie sound

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by av8orjb, Sep 19, 2013.

1. av8orjb

av8orjb New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    I recently had the Genie R44 installed with two clients. I also have an HR21 with whole home MRV. After everything was installed, everything worked great, but now I have a major sound issue. I don't get any sound when viewing anything recorded on the Genie and watching through the HR21. I get sound through the clients and the Genie server for recorded shows, just no sound on the HR21. I do have normal sound on the HR21 for all localy recorded shows and live TV. I did search and couldn"t find any help.

I tried a hard reset of both the HR21 and the HR44 with no success.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Av8orjb

2. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I saw this reported elsewhere and recall is was a software issue on the HR2x.

What software is on the HR21?
    Press and hold INFO and it show up on screen.