1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Hassle Way to relpace a lemon HDVR

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mobouser, Nov 8, 2010.

1. mobouser

mobouser AllStar

May 23, 2007
    Hi all, Ive got this HR22-100 unit which has always been a pain. Recently it will only record white out for scheduled shows. It has always been soooo slow on the remote that I just want it replaced. Ive gone thru the CSR technical people a couple of times with the reformat hard drive and after about 3 years with the unit I feel its time we parted ways. I pay about 100 month for DTV and feel I deserve better I also got the protection plan (ripoff). I did fix the white out by rebooting but I am really only interested in a replacement unit. Whats the best way to to get out from under this klunker outside of threatening to leave. But to be honest I am thinking about leaving DTV and buying a tivo unit for locals but thats another thread.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Just say it doesn't come up - black screen and no sound or only sound and do follow all passes of CSR and stay firm with the symptoms. ;)

3. JeffBowser

JeffBowser blah blah blah

Dec 21, 2006
    +1. STAY firm, and let them walk you through the pointless debug tasks, no matter how idiotic it seems to you.

4. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Make sure to "hurt yourself" when moving it to another TV. :D

"Ow! :new_cussi"

Take it a step further and drop a glass in the sink and act even more frustrated!

Have fun with it. :)

5. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Is your unit now working properly?

When I reported problems with losing HD channels and audio dropouts only on recorded programs I suspected my hard disk on my almost four-year-old HR20-700, the CSR suggested a hard reboot, i.e. unplug then replug DVR AND TV set. She didn't even stay on the line with me, suggesting just that I call back if I had any problems. Surprising, that worked. It's been ten days without problems now.