1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

No lights

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dogman2, Dec 20, 2012.

1. dogman2

dogman2 New Member

Dec 20, 2012
    My H24-100 receiver (about a year old) suddenly has no front panel lights. It turns on and works with no problem, just has no indicator lights on front. We activate the system only with the remote and never touch the receiver. Did we do something with the remote or are the lights just burned out?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    If you have not done so already,

Menu, Settings, Reset, Restart Receiver.
    Don't do this while it is supposed to be recording. It will take 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
    If they do not come back on I do not have any other suggestions.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    No lights at all, including power, or just the ring?

If the reboot doesn't do it, it would require a swap out to fix the problem. However, it is possible you'd get an H21 or H23.

4. dogman2

dogman2 New Member

Dec 20, 2012
    No lights at all. Will try rebooting and see if that works.

5. dminches

dminches Godfather

Oct 1, 2006
    Did that fix the problem?

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    We might not find out, the OP hasn't logged in since 12-21.

7. dharmapoop

dharmapoop New Member

Sep 2, 2006
    I had the same problem, a re-start worked for me.

M

8. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Not to mention, but this thread is over a year old. :eek2:

9. goober22

goober22 Godfather

Sep 8, 2004
    Sunny...
    I know this is an older thread but since it had a newer post AND it seems to be a returning issue I'll post as well.

My HR20-700 received the 0x087F update on 6/5/2014 and it lost all the front panel lights. The unit worked fine. I did a menu restart and it fixed the issue.

In 7+ years with 6 HD/DVRs I've never had that happen before. At least the restart fixed it.