1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Locals with Sandy

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dueport, Oct 29, 2012.

1. dueport

dueport Mentor

Dec 2, 2009
    Just noticed that our NBC, ABC, and CBS locals are out tonight (black screen) - PBS is fine. We are in the greater Portland, ME area and Sandy is just now moving in. All other channels are fine and system test shows system is ok. Anyone wanna guess why some of the locals are gone? I can only guess that the uplink for those locals got knocked out. Anybody else experiencing a similar problem in your area?

2. fwlogue

fwlogue Godfather

Dec 5, 2006
    Yes I have no locals here in Virginia Beach

3. Dr_J

Dr_J Icon

Apr 15, 2007
    No HD locals in Providence, RI. No "searching for satellite," just off the air. SD locals are fine.

4. strack

strack Mentor

Nov 23, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    No locals in West Palm Beach, FL, and Sandy was affecting us on Friday.

5. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    A DirecTV data ceter covering 8 states was hit with the wrath of Sandy.

Kevin

6. jgcox00

jgcox00 Mentor

Aug 30, 2006
    No locals in the Raleigh-Durham area either:confused:

7. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    From Facebook feed:

DirecTV
    Important Alert: Due to a fiber outage customers in the markets listed below are experiencing HD channel signal issues. While we work on restoring the signals as quick as possible, please know you may still watch the SD channels in your market.

Markets include Albany NY, Atlanta GA, Baltimore MD, Bangor ME, Beaumont TX, Boston MA, Charleston SC, Charlotte NC, Florence - Myrtle Beach SC, Fort Myers FL, Gainesville FL, Greensboro NC, Greenville NC, Harrisburg PA, Hartford CT, Hattiesburg MS, Jackson MS, Jacksonville FL, Lake Charles LA, Miami FL, New York NY, Norfolk VA, Orlando FL, Philadelphia PA, Portland ME, Providence RI, Raleigh NC, Richmond VA, Savannah GA, Springfield MA, Tampa FL, West Palm Beach FL, and Wilkes Barre PA.

For continued information stay tuned to our Hurricane Sandy Channel numbers 325 and 349.

Thank you and stay safe.

8. Oogie Pringle

Oogie Pringle Cool Member

May 24, 2008
    None in Baltimore either.

9. WERA689

WERA689 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Canton, GA
    Thanks for the info, Kevin and Mark. Much appreciated.

10. flaguy

flaguy AllStar

Apr 10, 2008
    Local HD came back, but here is a dumb question. How do you get to see the SD channels? They don't show up in the menu.

11. samrs

samrs MANC

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
    Menu >Setup >Settings >Display >Preferences >Guide HD Channels >Show All Channels.

If your in an MPEG4 Market dont bother.

12. rgs825

rgs825 Cool Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Guess y'all better get an outdoor antenna. :lol: