1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

no longer need the wireless broadband USB adapter, can it be used on a PC or laptop?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by tenwinecans, Oct 15, 2013.

1. tenwinecans

tenwinecans Cool Member

Aug 20, 2012
    I recently rewired my house so every room now has ethernet outlet. I can now connect my Hopper to the internet using wired ethernet. Since I no longer need the wireless broadband USB adapter, can it be used on a PC or laptop?

I plugged it into my laptop but it couldn't find a driver... just kept saying the device could not be installed.

Thanks!

2. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]Do you have the Netgear model Broadband Adapter from DISH? If so, it will connect to your laptop or PC. Are you getting an error message when you connect it? If so, what is the 3 digit error number associated with it?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]