1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

No MKV support?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by chroma601, Aug 20, 2013.

1. chroma601

chroma601 Cool Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Sylva, NC
    I wandered into Extras on my HR44-700 and connected to my computer on my home network. My mp3s played great, photos looked very good, but the only videos it would play were AVI containers. Of course most of my BD backups are MKV, so I guess accessing them thru the Genie is out. Unless there's a way someone here knows about...

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Used to be that TVersity worked, but I believe they dropped DirecTV support a few years ago.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    and even if it did work, using media share to play long movies is useless as there is no trick play. so if for some reason you had to back out of the movie, there is no FF to where you were