1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

No My9 feed in MLB EI?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by n3ntj, Apr 17, 2013.

1. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    My9 feeds have always been included in the MLB EI package but it's not on tonight (Yankees-Dbacks game). Anyone know what's going on?

2. Mark L

Mark L Godfather

Oct 23, 2006
    I was just going to start a thread regarding this.

There's tons of fellow DirecTV MLBEI subscribers on Twitter that are very mad right now.

I too have always gotten MY9 Yankees games here in Central California for the last 3 years I've had MLBEI.

All of a sudden this year, no games on MY9. This is the 2nd game this short season that hasn't been broadcast.

From what I've researched here (http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/203503-blue-jays-phillies-and-astros-feeds-on-extra-innings/page-3?hl=%2Byankees+%2Bmy9#entry3120439) ..... it seems the overlap of MLB, the NBA, and the NHL is to blame. We shall see, as the NBA regular season ends tonight and the next Yankees MY9 broadcast should be shown, sometime this week or next.

If it isn't shown, I'm led to believe this is yet another contract dispute over $$$

I will be very upset if that's the case, I'm not paying $200/year to watch alternate team's feeds.

3. Mark L

Mark L Godfather

Oct 23, 2006
    I know they don't carry hockey, it's in reference to the supposed available bandwidth DirecTV has for RSNs.

Since tonight is the last night for the NBA season, we should see dual MLB feeds on MLBEI resume, unless it's a contract dispute like I mentioned.

Hopefully the dual feeds will resume for all the games.

4. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    The part time feeds are packed tonight, they even took multiple infomercial channels off air to make room for what they have.

RSN alternates and games where they don't have an opposing teams feed available get priority.

At least DirecTV does provide all the feeds they do, iNDemand has 14 SD channels that they share with NHL and MLB along with 9 HD channels if you're lucky enough to have a provider who offers them. For the record iNDemand isn't offering the My9 feed or ANY dual feeds tonight. Looking at the schedule so far, iNDemand isn't offering any dual feeds until the 29th, and on some busy nights many late games are joined in progress since it's sharing a channel with an early game.

5. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    we should know next MY9 game if this is a dispute or a bandwidth problem,

6. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    if you look guide today it does list the next MY9 game on the 23th, so it just a bandwidth issue

7. Mark L

Mark L Godfather

Oct 23, 2006
    Just wanted to update this thread, I got an email from MY9 today and wanted to share the info:

[SIZE=11pt]Mr. ******–[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]We spoke to DirecTV and MLB. Their explanation was that whether they carry the local station’s broadcast of the game depends on the capacity they have over their broadcast lines (their “bandwidth”). If they have the capacity, they will continue to do so, but at times that capacity doesn’t exist. With the number of games they carry, sometimes that bandwidth is limited and when it is, the local coverage will be the first thing to go. The way they left it with us sounded like they will carry the My9 broadcast a good amount of the time, but not always. Hope this answers your question.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Thanks for watching,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]Mike[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Mike Howey[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10pt]VP Engr/Prod[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10pt]WNYW/WWOR[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]mike.howey@foxtv.com[/SIZE]

8. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Good info.. hope that is the case. We'll find out when the Yankees next play on My9.