1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No ON DEMAND after update?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by mroot, Dec 19, 2012.

1. mroot

mroot AllStar

Mar 12, 2006
    The only ON DEMAND channels I get are 1000 and 1999. I am connected to the internet, as I get both Pandora and YouTube videos and I am sure they come over the net. I was on the phone with DTV for an hour doing all sorts of things, but still no On DEMAND channels. The info screen also says I have internet connection. Methinks the box is hosed? It's an HR24/200. I have scoured the forums to see if anyone else is experiencing this. I noticed the software was updated 6 days ago to version 60 or 62.

Whatcha think?

Mike

2. mrmojo

mrmojo Mentor

Feb 11, 2008
    Mike - have you tried rebooting the box? I have had issues after the last few updates and this usually cleared them up for me. The last 2 times a RBR (red button reset) did not clear up the issues but a hard reboot (unplug the box, wait 15 min, plug in) did. After this recent update my box froze when I tried to unlock parental controls for 4 hours. After I entered my code the box stayed on the screen and all controls were unresponsive.

3. mroot

mroot AllStar

Mar 12, 2006
    I have reset the box. Reset all network settings twice. Just about everything you can imagine. I have not tried unplugging it, but will give that a shot. I personally think it is box failure, but also thought it may have had something to do with the recent update.

M

4. larry55

larry55 Legend

Jun 3, 2010
    call back and tell direc to turn the demand on.that what i had to about six months ago.

5. mroot

mroot AllStar

Mar 12, 2006
    I just checked and they are back. I'm guessing they figured it out and turned them back on! Thanks for your response!

Mike