1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no OnDemand on non DVR's

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by bmac, May 18, 2010.

1. bmac

bmac Cool Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I had MRV installed by directv yesterday,works great except im unable to access on demand on my 4 non DVR's, only works on my two DVR's. My hr23 is right next to the router, the coax comes into a new directv provided splitter, one line goes to deca to hr23 with ethernet connected to hr23 from deca, the other line goes to a deca that goes to the power outlet with a ethernet to my router. Agaim im able to get mrv on all 6 recievers and on demand only on the dvr's, im assuming you still tune to ch 1000, 1100 for ondemand stuff from non dvr's? any suggestions, thanks

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Right. OnDemand requires a DVR to hold the downloaded shows. But once downloaded to a DVR, your HD Receivers can access those recordings via MRV. You can also set up those OnDemand recordings using your DirecTV.com account if access the DVR is a problem.

3. bmac

bmac Cool Member

Mar 6, 2010
    thanks, for some reason i thought you would be able to access the ondemand page,schedule a download to a dvr, then be able to watch it via mrv. I knew i would ask a dumb question!!