1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

No option to record 'series'

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Athlon646464, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    I've searched here for an answer, but I get too many responses with the search terms I've tried. The threads I've found so far don't have the answer to my question.

We're trying to set up a series pass for 'Patriots All Access' (WBZ Channel 4 in Boston the market), but the option to do so is not there. My guess is it's because of the way the program is described in the guide.

We're trying to do it on our new HR34. We love this new Genie and client setup by the way! The new 34 is light years faster than what it replaced!! :righton:

The program is on at different times during the week as well as sometimes appearing on our Local Channel 38 instead of our Local Channel 4. So, my thinking is a manual record is not an option.

When we do a search for upcoming shows it's there, but clicking the record button twice only activates and then de-activates the recording.

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Setup up a series link with the following keywords...

"PATRIOTS ALL ACCESS TTITLE" then choose keyword search.

Wait for results, then choose autorecord, then what parameters you choose, new-both-repeats, keep settings, etc.....if all 3 words dont appear in that order in the titles of the show it wont record...should get you what you want...

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Correct. That station/network has not properly flagged this as a "series" in the guide information they provide to Tribune News Services.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Setup up a series link with the following keywords...

"PATRIOTS ALL ACCESS TTITLE" then choose keyword search.

Wait for results, then choose autorecord, then what parameters you choose, new-both-repeats, keep settings, etc.....if all 3 words dont appear in that order in the titles of the show it wont record...should get you what you want...
    id put aall at the very beginning as well for that search.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

5. Athlon646464

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Thank you!

At first it didn't pick any of the 3 upcoming programs, but about 5 minutes after I set it up this way it picked one of them. Because I chose 'Both' in the options I'm guessing it should flag all 3 eventually.

Thanks again.........

:up:

6. Athlon646464

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Will do.......

Thanks.