1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

No self install on MRV/DECA from Directv

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by gator1234, May 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. gator1234

gator1234 AllStar

Jul 21, 2007
    I ordered the MRV service today. I have a SIMS setup and all HD DVRs are compatible. Cost was $99. plus $45. installation. I asked if they could just ship me the DECA part and I could hook it up to the receivers and they say no, it had to be professionally installed.

I thought the $45. just to screw the DECA part into the cable/receiver was expensive but I set it up anyway.

2. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    You have to order from a third party to do it yourself .. DIRECTV will not ship you the parts and let you install it. While you may be capable, there are 100 other people behind you that probably aren't capable. The easy answer is everyone gets DIRECTV to come by and install it when ordering from DIRECTV.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    How are your signal strengths? Maybe you can get an alignment tweak with it. But, yeah a bit overkill for some. Some installs, like mine, would need a band stop filter so can be slightly more complicated than just putting in deca adapters.

4. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    The other issue is that 99+% of customers would not know which parts they need, nor about the non-standard receivers (HR20-100) that require unique installation configurations. A company like DirecTV with 18 million subscribers needs to have ONE rule that covers everyone, as there are too many people to deal with exceptions.