1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No signal for some HD channels

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by collectivecoy, Jul 19, 2010.

1. collectivecoy

collectivecoy New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Hello all,

I've recently been unable to receive a signal for some of my HD channels. Many of them like ESPN, ESPN 2, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, etc., acquire the signal quickly as usual. But no luck on Headline News HD, as well as this month's preview HD channels and several others.

My strength of signal isn't great, but it really never has been, and I normally only have signal acquisition problems during storms.

Any thoughts?

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Yes - how about doing some reading on channel disputes ?

3. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Uh, he's not referring to any channels in dispute, unless HNN went offline...

The HD channels you listed are on 61.5 but I don't knwo where HNN originates from. Could be a low signal from another bird.

4. collectivecoy

collectivecoy New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    I know about the Disney-owned channels that are not available now due to the fee dispute. I wasn't talking about any of those. But thanks for the helpful reply, Scooper.

5. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    What satellites do you see, per System Info, field G?

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    CNN Headline News is a 72.7 or 129 channel. Sounds like the dish needs a better aiming to get 72.7 (since the "good" channels are mostly 61.6 or 129 channels I'm assuming he's Eastern Arc).

7. collectivecoy

collectivecoy New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Thanks guys. Let me get in front of the box and report back after I get home tonight.

8. collectivecoy

collectivecoy New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm seeing 77, 72 and 61.5, all showing green in the signal strength analysis.

9. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Call or chat in, have them run some troubleshooting.

10. collectivecoy

collectivecoy New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Called last night, but the very kind young lady from advanced tech support wasn't able to help. She surmised my dish might be out of alignment so a technician is coming out this weekend.

Thanks to all of you for your help.