1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No signal on 129 with 1000.2

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by temporalshadows, Nov 18, 2012.

1. temporalshadows

temporalshadows New Member

Nov 11, 2012
    I have a 1000.2 dish with a VIP211k receiver near Birmingham, AL. I followed the general procedure recommended in other posts here: start by pointing the dish roughly by the figures in the manual or dishpointer.com, cover the outer LNBs and peak 119, then uncover and try to get 110/129.
    I get 110/119 just fine, but I get absolutely nothing on 129. I thought maybe the receiver was reporting incorrectly, but with an inline signal meter I also get nothing on the 129 LNB with the others covered. The check switch screen does show all 3 LNBs. I tried adjusting the skew to get even a blip from 129 but still nothing at all. Shouldn't I be seeing at least a very low signal? I'm starting to suspect a problem with the 1000.2's built-in switch. I appreciate any suggestions.

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Have you tried to clear the matrix, sometimes if you have acquired sats as listed on the Installation Summery page the meter in the receiver will not find the sat you are looking for. Run check switch with the coax disconnected from the receiver the see if you can find 129. Otherwise, there maybe something blocking your line of sight.

3. jerry downing

jerry downing Godfather

Mar 7, 2004
    Illinois
    At your location, the 129 satellite is well to the right of where it appears to be. Check for trees or other obstructions. A well placed chainsaw fixed my problem.