1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no signal sat 110- trans 13

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by rogerpl, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerpl

rogerpl AllStar

Aug 16, 2006
    I'm suffering from poor signal strength on 110/119 but now I get no signal on sat 110 -transponder 13. Any thoughts?

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    It is probably a spotbeam.

Chances are pretty good that you need to check your aim if everything has deteriorated.

3. vampirefish

vampirefish AllStar

Oct 19, 2004
    I've been having a similar problem for some time... a tech is coming out this Sunday to check things out for me. I love HD, but can't watch all the channels. I am going to cancel my service if this keeps up. This bites, because I love Dish.

4. vampirefish

vampirefish AllStar

Oct 19, 2004
    Ok...so...ummmm... I can admit my own mistakes and thought I'd share this with y'all.

While on the phone with the Dish tech (complaining about loss of 110 signal) I informed him that there were no obstructions that may be causing any issues (of course I said this from my couch).... so the appt was set for them to come out and investigate.

The next day I was out back and looked at my dishes.... um.... our Clematis had grown extensively in the past month.... and was obstructing the view of both of my dishes! I cut the thing back, checked my signal and don't have any issues. So... I cancelled my appt with Dish :sure:

5. Lincoln6Echo

Lincoln6Echo Godfather

Jul 11, 2007
    Yep...gotta watch those Clematises...they'll get you every time. :p

We've got the same issue with one of our Oak trees in the front yard. We don't have a problem right now, but in a couple more years, we'll probably have to move the dish.

6. vampirefish

vampirefish AllStar

Oct 19, 2004
    Yes... I'm SOOOO glad I checked it out... A. I would have been horribly embarrased, B. I probably would have been charged for the appt and C. Didn't want to waste Dish's time! :)

7. Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
    I lost tp4 on 110 for a minute today and its a locals spotbeam. Ive read where dish is supposedly doing upgrades at the uplink facility. Dunno if these are related.

8. Lincoln6Echo

Lincoln6Echo Godfather

Jul 11, 2007
    This may be a stupid question for you pros, but what is a spotbeam? I've seen the designation on the signal test screen, but I'm not sure what a spotbeam is.

9. Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5 Hall Of Fame

Mar 11, 2003
    Spotbeam is a narrow area of a town or city that receives local tv from the satellite. Most of my area BEaumont/Pt.Arthur, Houston, Dallas, Little Rock get their locals from the New Braunsfel ,Tx uplink center. There were bad thunderstorms in that area from San Antonio to Chorpus Christi that interfered with the unlinking of our locals to the 110 satellite in those cities above today around 5:30pm to around 6:30pm central time. It is funny to me that I have to worry about rain fade when it really rains in my area and now rain fade from the satellite uplink center when it rains in New Braunsfel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.