1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No software in stream

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Herdfan, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    I just activated a new HR20 and after I got it up and running, I checked the software version and it was on 012A. So I did a forced download and all it showed was: "Searching for Software (0000)"

It just stayed there doing nothing. A RBR brought it back, but it seems there is no software in the stream.

Note: Yes, I know I should have activated it yesterday and pulled a CE last night. Just wasn't thinking.;)

2. jheda

jheda DBSTalk Club Member

Sep 19, 2006
    the consensus is there are no downloads during nfl ticket due to lack of bandwith, but unconfirmed by mods...

3. Herdfan

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    That makes sense.

But for some reason, the unit went and looked again on its own and is now stuck trying to download 18A. Has been showing 0% for about 5 minutes now.

4. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Unfortunately, it will try about every 30 minutes until it finds what it's looking for. You're just going to have to keep denying the request when it asks and rbr if it manages to start an attempt and gets stuck.

5. schneid

schneid Godfather

Aug 13, 2007
    My HR20-100 regular release is 18A. It downloaded it as soon as the receiver came up 12 days ago.

I wish we keep CE threads separated from the National Release. It is confusing.

6. Herdfan

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Other than an offhand comment about wishing I had done this yesterday to take advantage of a CE, there is absolutely nothing related to a CE version in this thread.:confused:

It is about me having a new receiver that is now stuck in an endless loop trying to download 18A which is the NATIONAL RELEASE.

7. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Try later this afternoon as the Sunday Ticket games wind down. It's common for DirecTV to pull the software updates from the satellite stream since the extra Sunday Ticket channels suck up all the satellite bandwidth.

8. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
  9. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I doubt that the software is supposed to be out of the stream .. At least not the 'normal' ones. Something just seems to be messed up today.

10. moparman76_69

moparman76_69 Cool Member

Aug 15, 2007
    I'm a tech and my supervisor confirmed with D* that software updates are pulled until after sunday ticket games are over because of bandwith issues.

11. Herdfan

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    It started downloading 18A shortly after 7:00pm. So all is good for now.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.