1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound on 5 new HD channels?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by C*Tedesco, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C*Tedesco

C*Tedesco Legend

Jan 31, 2004
    So this is weird. I have the H20 100 and have recieved all the new HD channels. All look great. However on channels:

CNNHD
    FUEL HD
    FX HD
    Speed HD
    Toon HD

There is no sound. It pops in sometimes like I'm getting a bad signal, but the picture is always perfect. All the other HD channels have perfect sound. I had a Direct TV tech come out for about 5 minutes to tell me he has no idea.

Not sure if anyone else is getting this, but DTV says there is nothing they can do...which is odd.

2. FHSPSU67

FHSPSU67 CE'er & Retired Engineer DBSTalk Club

Jan 12, 2007
    Windber, PA
    Will need to know how you are hooked up. Are you using an AV receiver? Or are you connected directly to your HDTV? HDMI, RCA cables or composite?

3. C*Tedesco

C*Tedesco Legend

Jan 31, 2004
    I am connected to an A/V reciever. Denon 1802 via optical to the H20.

I did connect directly to the HDTV via analogue just to rule it out. Unfortunately it was still there. Just to reinterate, it is just those 5 channels that are giving me the volume issue.

thanks for any assistance.

4. FHSPSU67

FHSPSU67 CE'er & Retired Engineer DBSTalk Club

Jan 12, 2007
    Windber, PA
    Good answers! That's exactly what I'd have done. The only other thing I can think of trying is a menu reset. If no difference, then an RBR (Red Button Reset) and finally, if still no difference, unplug your H20 for 60 seconds or more when dark during a menu rest. My guess is a bad H20 - something border-line in the MPEG-4 decoding.

One other question - What S/W version does your H20 have?

5. C*Tedesco

C*Tedesco Legend

Jan 31, 2004
    I had a Direct TV tech come out and after fiddling for about 30 minutes his answer was, "No idea"

So I'm still stuck with those channels not working and nobody knows why.

I am running the latest version for the H20 if that helps.

6. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Did he try a different Receiver? That's about all I can think it could be at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.