1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No threads in this forum marked as "Unread"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dlt4, Feb 25, 2010.

1. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    For the last month or two none of the threads in this forum get marked as "Unread" (bold print) between my visits. Is it just my account or has anybody else had this problem?

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I would try logging out, clearing your cookies, and logging back in. The unread posts seem to work fairly well for me, although they're not perfect.

3. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    Thanks Stuart, that seems to have solved the problem.

You're right, the unread posts feature isn't perfect, but better than nothing!

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    The UPF works fine for me.

5. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    As an example of what I'm talking about, I visited the this forum at 8:45 this morning. When I came back two hours later there are about six threads that have been updated since then, but they don't show up as unread.

The number of Unread threads in another forum that I read regularly doesn't show any Unread threads earlier than 8:45 this morning even though I haven't looked at that forum since yesterday evening.

And it could be that I don't understand exactly how Unread threads are supposed to work either. :)

6. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    Logging out and deleting cookies only solves the problem temporarily. The next day nothing is marked Unread. The Programming forum is the only one I have trouble with for some reason. :confused: