1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Toslink HD audio and a vertical jitter

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by centauri, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. centauri

centauri Guest

I see I'm the second person here to report no Dolby Digital out over the optical cable. I lose it (I should say it's never there) on the HD channels and OTA channels if I set the 811 to "Digital/PCM or Digital Only." I have to set it to "PCM Only" to get HD audio over the Toslink. I do get audio on the standard Dish channels, however over Toslink even when set to either "Dolby" option.

Secondly, I have a vertical jitter in the video that repeats EVERY 34 seconds. My first 811 and the replacement unit, both. It is there over the Component output and DVI output and RCA video output. It's only visible on the standard Dish channels, not the HD channels. AND the jitter is only in the downlinked signal portion. The channel guide is rock solid and if I put up the channel info as the jitter hits, the info graphic is stable but the video behind it jitters. Very visible on CNBC and the weather Channel that has a lot of stationary picture elements. This jitter is also in the OTA SD digital video but doesn't seem be be there on any OTA HD stuff. The jitter lasts for the time it takes to blink, maybe 1/4 of a second. Then repeats without fail. Very annoying when watching CNBC. This jitter shows on 2 different TV's and isn't

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.