1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Nomad Changes on 5/31 - GenieGo Client Updates?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by rmonio, May 31, 2013.

1. rmonio

rmonio Cool Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Has anyone else noticed that Nomad has stopped working? I received an email that they were changing Nomad over to the new GenieGo branding and there was to be updates to the application on the Nomad device and on our iPad and iPhone IOS clients. I've not seen the latter, but the device has stopped working and Nomad can't see the DVRs anymore either.

I was going to re-download the application, but figured I'd wait to see if this was due to the cutover. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!

-Bob

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    My GenieGo (formerly Nomad) is working flawlessly

3. shedberg

shedberg Icon

Jan 20, 2007
    Mine is still working as well. I updated my software to version 1.3.080 a couple of weeks ago on my macbook air but the app still is branded as Nomad.

4. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Try rebooting your nomad and see if you can ping it. Also 3 blue lights?

5. mrdobolina

mrdobolina AllStar

Aug 28, 2006
    A Mile High
    The advice above solved the exact same issue for me, rmonio. The red button is under the usb port cover on the front of the unit. Try that or just unplug the nomad/geniego for 30 seconds and plug it back in.

6. rmonio

rmonio Cool Member

Apr 19, 2006
    I did. But I still cannot see it or any of the DVRs - hence why I was wondering if it was something to do with the iOS client.

I think I will reload the client and see if that addresses it.

7. Jun 1, 2013 #7 of 17
    azdave7042

azdave7042 Mentor

Oct 4, 2007
    I'm having a similiar problem since yesterday as well. My genie-go/nomad will no longer see any of my HR-2X receivers. It only sees my HR-34/Genie. If i do a red button reset of my nomad it will see shows from my other DVR's including Genie but I can't download any shows to it. After about 15 minutes the preparing message goes away and then the nomad only shows the shows from my genie, the shows from my HR-2X receivers are now missing.

If I download a show from the genie to the nomad everything works fine. Is the Genie-go only supposed to work with HR-34/44 receivers now.

I've rebooted all my DVR's, the nomad several times. The 30 second red button reset on the nomad seems to bring the programs from my HR-2x boxes back, but only temporarily. Eventually (after about 15 mins) they disappear again.

Any ideas?

8. Jun 1, 2013 #8 of 17
    peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    it could be that your HR2x is dropping from your network . How is this receiver connected to the internet?

9. Jun 2, 2013 #9 of 17
    rmonio

rmonio Cool Member

Apr 19, 2006
    my receivers are not dropping. I can use the normal iOS clients from my iPad and iPhone and see them fine. My Nomad never gets off the 'loading content" phase anymore...

Should I reload the software?

10. rmonio

rmonio Cool Member

Apr 19, 2006
    I solved the problem.

Apparently there is a need to delete and reload the iOS client from the appstore in order to get the newest release of the GenieGo app (rebranded Nomad).

Would have been better if they had just released a new client or told you that you had to download the new client instead.

oh well.. it works again. Thanks!

11. KenW

KenW Legend

Nov 16, 2005
    My IOS also stopped loading. When I disabled the network, I could see my programs were still on IOS, but nomad was not working with IOS. I checked with my PC and nomad was working fine.

I'll wait until I'm back home before I upgrade. I don't want to lose my programs. I agree a warning would be very helpful.

12. KenW

KenW Legend

Nov 16, 2005
    I just looked in the IOS App Store, and I don't see a new version?

13. rmonio

rmonio Cool Member

Apr 19, 2006
    There isn't, Ken. I deleted and re-downloaded it. That was what I was referring to as I would preferred if they had set it as either an update or a fresh version with different logo, etc, that denoted a different version.

The email from DirecTV said:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I guess that was a subtle comment that you need to update the App - which in this case meant to download a fresh copy.

Still not a good way to go about doing this overall.

-Bob

14. gpg

gpg DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    My app still seems to be working on my Ipad without having to reload it.

15. lucky13

lucky13 DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 27, 2006
    Maryland,...
    About a week before Memorial Day, my Nomad stopped working--couldn't find any recorded content.
    Reset the unit--no change.
    Deleted and reinstalled the app from the App store, and that did the trick.
    If you're doing this for an iPad, remember to search for an iPhone app.

16. mrdobolina

mrdobolina AllStar

Aug 28, 2006
    A Mile High
    Last I checked, my iPad app was still branded "nomad" and was still operating properly. However, I do plan to uninstall and re-install on iOS devices tonight.

17. mrdobolina

mrdobolina AllStar

Aug 28, 2006
    A Mile High
    It's still branded as nomad on iOS.