1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nomad iOS 2.0.0 Out

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Rakul, May 1, 2012.

1. May 1, 2012 #1 of 31
    Rakul

Rakul Slacker

Sep 3, 2007
    Looks to be a few things:

Improved response time when opening the app, connecting to your HD DRV and acessing recorded programs to watch.

Includes the ability to view the status of all programs that your DIRECTV nomad is preparing from your iPhone or iPod touch,

You can also sync your favorite HD DVR recordings on up to 3 different devices at the same time.

Additional bug fixes.

More to come it seems.

2. May 1, 2012 #2 of 31
    Mike_TV

Mike_TV Legend

Jan 17, 2006
    My upgrade fails with an AR/1000 error message "Unable to Add Your Device" when I press the Reactivate This Device button.

EDIT - Uninstalling the old version and reinstalling seemed to fix it. Will uninstall and reinstall on the iPad too.

3. May 1, 2012 #3 of 31
    Rakul

Rakul Slacker

Sep 3, 2007
    I downloaded to iTunes earlier and just now updated my iPad, I had to do the same thing.

4. May 1, 2012 #4 of 31
    Hoffer

Hoffer AllStar

Jun 18, 2007
    I'm hearing it is still not a universal app. Is this true? The app still doesn't have an iPad specific version?

5. May 1, 2012 #5 of 31
    Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    That's correct. It only affects the UI, tho. I'm pretty sure video playback quality is as good as it would be if there was a dedicated iPad app, since Nomad itself only transcodes one resolution and picture size for PC or iOS.

6. May 1, 2012 #6 of 31
    Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Updated on both my iPad 1 & iPhone 4S. First it said I had an invalid email/password combo, then the same "unable to add device" error as stated above. I had to delete the app on both devices & reinstall.

Just an FYI

7. May 1, 2012 #7 of 31
    Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    My guess is Nomad will eventually get built into the iPad app, rather than having a seperate Nomad app for the iPad (or making the app universal).

8. May 1, 2012 #8 of 31
    trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Same. And then I had to reactivate my iPad, which requires you to be on your home network (so anyone on the road right now, don't install this update until you get home).

9. May 1, 2012 #9 of 31
    trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Of course now all my Auto-Download series have been deleted.

It would be REAL NICE if that data could be saved when upgrading/installing the app.

10. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I'm not so sure about that. I thought the auto downloads were in the Nomad h/w memory. Could be wrong but if I don't connect my Nomad app to the box for a few weeks and then finally connect it, the series seem to be there ready to download.

11. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Yes, they are still on the nomad, but I had four shows on my iPad when I reinstalled the software. After I completed the install, I had to go to those shows and select them again with the auto download to get them back on my iPad. They did not start to download automatically like they previously did.

12. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I think what are indicating is that they were in the Nomad hardware already so the auto download there was OK. Just the Transfer didn't start automatically. Is that it?

13. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Actually, no. NCIS, which has been on my auto download on my iPad all season, did not download last night. I selected auto download this AM and it went through the hour long prepare before it downloaded to my iPad.

14. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    Didn't get one of the invalid password though. Uninstalled and reinstalled fixed it.

I see they updated the App Store logo (500x500) but not the device logo...obv proof they don't have all bases covered. To bad I liked the darker logo

Attached Files:

15. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Delete the app from your device and reinstall while on your home network. That should work.

16. Hoffer

Hoffer AllStar

Jun 18, 2007
    So, I had to delete the app and reinstall to get the update working. Now it says I have zero activations left, even though I only ever activated it on my iPhone and iPad. How do I get more activations? I'm assuming I'll need another one whenever the app gets updated again.

17. alexcohen

alexcohen AllStar

Sep 27, 2006
    Yep just like many of you I updated the app outside of my home network & I got the same error message, re-installed & now it's working. Don't worry about activations, it will reset when you have more devices.

18. alexcohen

alexcohen AllStar

Sep 27, 2006
    Don't worry I've had that same message for the last ten times I had to reactivate Nomad.

19. alexcohen

alexcohen AllStar

Sep 27, 2006
    Holy crap this version actually works!!! It's already downloaded two lettermans in 10 minutes!!!

20. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    That means they were already in the hardware and were waiting to transfer them over WiFi. If you have multiple clients, you can have up to 3 transfers at once now.