1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Nomad Issues....Again

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Tonyftony716, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Tonyftony716

Tonyftony716 Cool Member

May 15, 2012
    Hello, previous Nomad issues have been resolved. Last night my DVR froze up and I had to reboot. I couldn't get shows to record on my DVR so cust care had me pull in and out the ant. In and out plugs and reboot again. My programs are now recording correctly on my DVR but since then I can't download shows to my nomad. I can view my DVR and play what has been recorded on my Nomad app but Now when I select something to download it is stuck in "waiting to prepare". Any thoughts on my latest Nomad issue?

I am having this issue on my iPhone and IPad. I have restarted the Nomad as well.

Thanks

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    have you try reseting your router?

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    How did you reset your Nomad? You might try pulling its AC power for a few minutes, then repower.

And how is the Nomad connected to your home network?

4. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    And if that does

And if that doesn't work, try pressing and holding the red reset button on the front panel for 30 seconds.

A "worst case" reset is to press and hold that button for 2 minutes, but that will erase any downloaded content that may be sitting in "ready to download" in your nomad device.