1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Nomad Mac Update doesn't work

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by mfeinstein, May 14, 2013.

1. mfeinstein

mfeinstein Godfather

Sep 1, 2007
    I started the Nomad app on my MacBook Pro running OS X 10.8.3 this morning. The app told me that I needed an upgrade. I downloaded and installed the latest version of the Nomad app, 1.3.080. When I run it, I get a message saying "Account validation required. There is a problem with your DirecTV account..." and directs me to call customer service (which is currently closed). I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, rebooted my Mac, and still have the problem. I have no problem using Nomad software on my iPad or PC this morning, so I don't believe that there is any problem with my account.

What can I try to fix this?

2. mfeinstein

mfeinstein Godfather

Sep 1, 2007
  3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    RIght, the trick here is to press CONTROL, OPTION & COMMAND at the same WHILE launching the app. This will reset the Nomad client to defaults. DirecTV is aware of this and working on a fix.

4. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    For Mac users: Very seldom does removing an application (apps are for iDevices) do anything. Removing its preferences does, and that's probably exactly what happened with the Cmd-Cntl-Option salute.

Good you found the solution and posted it.

5. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Most likely that is what it does. Which makes you wonder why the upgrade doesn't take care of that on install.

6. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I'd rather think that'd be very annoying on a regular basis, having your preferences wiped out each time!