1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nomad Setup Problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by lgb0250, May 16, 2012.

1. lgb0250

lgb0250 Legend

Jan 24, 2010
    Ordered my Nomad from D* yesterday and it arrived today! Great (not).

Unable to set it up and D* has been no help even though I've talked to technical and case management to no avail.

When I hook the nomad up to my router and then plug it in I continue to get a solid amber status light and a blue blinking activity light. No network light at all.

I know this is connected to the internet through my router because I can see it on my router as a connected device. All of my DVR's are connected to the internet and set to "allow" external devices!

I've rebooted my router and still nothing going on with the nomad.

I could seriously use some help here. Thanks.

My setup is an HR34, (2)HR23's and an H23 all connected through a Netgear N900 wireless router.

2. nike5580

nike5580 AllStar

Jun 29, 2010
    Pittsfield,...
    Have you tried unplugging the power cable from nomad, and plugging it back in? I had an issue with nomad when I first got mine, and it was resolved by a power cycle of nomad.

3. KenW

KenW Legend

Nov 16, 2005
    There is also a reset button you can try.

I suppose it could be DOA.

4. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Also, try a 2 minute reset.

5. lgb0250

lgb0250 Legend

Jan 24, 2010
    Finally got it working.

We've seemed to have a power outage everyday recently so I decided to go to each receiver again and go into Advanced Network Setup and make sure I was connecting.

Once I did this the Nomad fired up and appears to have done two firmware updates and now connects. Sorry for the thread. Thanks.

6. nike5580

nike5580 AllStar

Jun 29, 2010
    Pittsfield,...
    Glad you were able to get it working. Hope you enjoy your new nomad!

7. retrax

retrax Cool Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Mine initially had to sit for a while before it did a firmware update and then it worked fine. I added a 16gb usb memory stick and everything works great.