1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nomad "Waiting to Prepare"?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by islesfan, Dec 15, 2012.

1. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    Last night, I recorded the Nets v. Pistons game. I went to the Nomad PC app and told it to copy to PC. I got up this morning and it lists the program as "waiting to prepare." The game ended over 12 hours ago, and nothing else is preparing (and nothing else was transfered over night either). I tried canceling the transfer, then selecting it again, but all it says is "waiting to prepare." Any ideas what to do?

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    What channel were you recording it from?

3. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    YES

4. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    I'm now past 24 hours of "waiting to prepare" and getting more pissed.

5. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    And now I have two Nets games "waiting to prepare." WTF?!? Don't tell me you can't use this thing with sports, that's why I bought the bloody thing!

6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    That will happen if there is too much latency between nomad and the DVR. How are te devices connected?

7. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    HR20 to HR21 via Cat5, then HR21 to router via WiFi(n). Nomad to router via cat5. All of it is fast enough to run DirecTV2PC flawlessly.

8. Mike_TV

Mike_TV Legend

Jan 17, 2006
    I've red button reset my Nomad in the past to fix the perpetual waiting to prepare problem. Maybe you can try that?

9. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    Tried it twice, no luck. It will prepare other shows too, but the two Nets games won't prepare.