1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Nomad - Your DIRECTV account has been disabled

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Mike_TV, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Mike_TV

Mike_TV Legend

Jan 17, 2006
    Nomad was working fine yesterday. Today I start up the client on my laptop and receive the following error.

Your DIRECTV account has been disabled.

There is a problem with your DIRECTV account. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-531-5000.

"Error code" 4-4001-1

Do a cold reboot of Nomad (unplug power, wait, replug back in) even though all lights were blue. Restart the client and still have the error.

Try my iPhone client. Same message different code (AR/3002).

Call Customer Service. They say Engineering will have to look at it and they'll get back to me in three to five days.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

2. mwzimm

mwzimm New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Same issue just appeared this morning. Used it on the laptop last night to download some shows and this morning all devices give the same error. Got the same response.

3. boulder_gp

boulder_gp Mentor

Mar 31, 2003
    I'm seeing the same thing on my Mac (error AR/3002) and two iPads. Uninstalled and reinstalled on the iPad, getting an "Unable to add your device" error AR/1001 on both.

4. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 DIRECTV A-Team

Jul 28, 2004
    That sounds like a server problem on their end.

Typically those get corrected the same day.

5. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    Seeing the same thing here on my iPad and my Mac.

Obviously this is a DIRECTV problem. Lets hope they resolve it quickly.

6. nelsonrl

nelsonrl AllStar

Aug 15, 2007
    Same issue - Directv had me remove the IPAD app and readd it. Now get the AR/10001 error. I am on IOS6 - wonder if that is the issue.

They told me to call back in a couple of days and see if issue is resolved. They did try for a couple of minutes to blame it on my device being an IPAD that is not supported, but they did not push that stream very hard.

7. UMich99

UMich99 New Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Same thing happened to me this morning on both my iPad and iPhone. I deleted the iPhone App and same message as everyone else. iPad still showing the AR/3002. DirecTV tech service people are so awful again blaming it on me because everything checks out on their end. Please call them again and say you aren't the only so this gets resolved. Everything is working on my end... except for the Nomad App. So frustrating.

8. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    Same here.

9. alexcohen

alexcohen AllStar

Sep 27, 2006
    I'm on the phone with Directv now, it took me three times to get through. They're not blaming it on me but have no idea what's going on.

10. alexcohen

alexcohen AllStar

Sep 27, 2006
    The CSR keeps asking for my nomad registered ID, anyone know what would be?

11. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!! DBSTalk Club

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    My guess is that it's your directv.com username/email address.

12. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    If you go to DIRECTV.com, My Account, My Equipment, Accessories, you can get the serial number of the Nomad. Maybe that is what they want.

13. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    Do you have any inside info on what's going on here, or when it may be resolved?

14. alexcohen

alexcohen AllStar

Sep 27, 2006
    We're (Directv & I) are pretty sure it's my email address. This isn't your finest hour Directv. Not as much for the Nomad problem as your CSR's lack of knowledge about the Nomad. such as not knowing what's going on or not knowing about user id's

15. alexcohen

alexcohen AllStar

Sep 27, 2006
    Nobody knows nothin'!

16. volkl

volkl Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    Same thing on my macbookpro and iphone (iOS 5) --- error AR/3002. I can't even watch programs that have already been downloaded to the devices.

This couldn't have happened at a worst time. I'm traveling on a long flight tonight. Hope they fix it fast.

17. NomadInAZ

NomadInAZ New Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Is the problem an IOS 5 to 6 issue?? I am still on IOS 5

18. nelsonrl

nelsonrl AllStar

Aug 15, 2007
    Well, it let me download a show last night, then broken this morning. Could be Ios6, but I would think it would have happened last night when I setup a download. The show did completely transfer to the iPad.

anyone with ios5 having the problem?

19. Howie

Howie Godfather

Aug 16, 2006
    I'm having the same problems. I thought it might be iOS 6 related. It won't let me add my devices after deleting and reinstalling the app.

20. Mike_TV

Mike_TV Legend

Jan 17, 2006
    iOS 5 or iOS 6...doesn't matter. This is happening on my Windows 7 laptop. With everyone reporting similar problems, this appears to be a problem on the DIRECTV server side. Uninstalling and attempting to reinstall probably just complicates the matter and won't fix anything until they get the server side fixed.